Friday, April 17, 2009

I never thought the day would come...

When I could say Evelyn has been sleeping through the night for over a week! I really never thought it would happen. And its not just 8 hours straight, its 11-12 hours straight! She goes down at 6pm and doesn't wake up until after 5am. I feel so well rested, it is really amazing. I am finally starting to feel human again. I'm sure when teething strikes, we'll have a couple more sleepless nights but I know that she can do it now!

We're still working on naps. She'll go down quite easily but only stay asleep for 30-45min. I'm hopeful though! I'm pretty sure its environmental issues that are waking her up during her naps. We are the first house you see when you come into our neighborhood so everyone drives past our house. There are a lot of loud cars that drive by. Apparently everyone is 17 and needs their car to sound like a race car or they need their music to shake the pictures on the wall of everyone's house they drive by. Usually she'll be sleeping great and someone will drive by or the trash truck will come or the guy with the weed wacker is out in front of our house. I wish I could put some ear plugs in her ears for her naps! Wouldn't that be wonderful!?

7 comments:

  1. SO how exactly are you pulling off the 11-12 hour nights? Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, really! 11-12 hours! I'm jealous! Damon will be 2 next month, and I still can't get him to sleep all night. Once in a while I get lucky. But mostly he ends up in my bed or someone elses. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used the book Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child. It worked the very first night and its worked ever since! I feel really lucky :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So how was your Easter???
    Blog woman blog!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not what I had posted, my C&P didn't work sorry!!
    I was posting, do you have a routine you do with her? To put her down at night?
    I know what you mean about the loud cars that drive by.
    We have that issue here too!!
    But here's to GOOD SLEEP'n

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good job! I bet you feel really great. Kudos to you. I have also thought about ear plugs for the baby haha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have you tried white noise? It works SO well to block out the noises that keep them awake. Keep a fan running on medium/ high in her room and see if it helps. ;)

    ReplyDelete