Monday, April 20, 2009

getting back to running.

Today for the first time since Evelyn was born, I went running! I haven't done much since high school, but I used to be an avid runner. I'm not claiming I was any good, but I could run for miles and miles. We have had a jogging stroller but for a while, we couldn't figure out how to lock the front wheel! Well today I figured it out! (woohoo!) I'm starting out slow because I don't want my crazy shin splints to act up. Today I made a game out of it. I walked until I reached the first street sign, and then I jogged to the next street sign. I then alternated jogging/walking at each street sign I got to. That way I'm not pushing myself too hard. I'm hoping to run at least 3 days a week. Hopefully I can keep this up and work towards a goal of running a road race.

No comments:

Post a Comment