Saturday, April 11, 2009

I haven't posted on here in a long time and I apologize!

Since the last time I posted, Evelyn has started standing up on everything and sleeping all night long! She also has started to walk holding on to things such as the couch or her walking toys or table! Its adorable. We took the bath seat out of the bath tub and takes a bath like a big girl now. She LOVES it! She is so happy in the bath tub. She loves to splash and splash and splash..

Ok I do admit to letting Evie cry at night to get her to sleep. It was something I never ever wanted to do but I haven't gotten a good nights sleep in so long... I was starting to become delirious and I knew if something didn't change then I couldn't be the mom I needed to be. I went out and bought the book "Healthy Sleep Habits, Healthy Child" and it helped me realize what we needed to do to get her to sleep. The first night was terrible. She cried for 45min and I did too. After she fell asleep, she slept all the way to 3 am and then slept to 630! The next night she cried only 2min and now she only cries for a couple seconds before she starts to self soothe. I'm so happy! I feel bad that that is what I needed to do but I am so greatful that I found something that worked and it worked fast. Now we're just working on naps...

Owen has been gone for more than a week now. Being a single mommy is so hard. Its hard running a household and taking care of another human being and a dog! Some days I just want to go upstairs, drink some wine and take a nap but I know thats not going to happen for another couple of decades!

We decided that Owen is going to reenlist in the Navy and we are going to move back to Saratoga Springs NY. We are looking forward to this. We love Hawaii but we also love our family and decided that we want Evelyn to be close to her grandparents. We will be moving at the end of the year.

The beginning of the month brought my sister Sarah and her son Garrett. We had a blast hanging out with them. The kids are only a month apart so they had so much fun!

ta ta for now!

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about feeling delirious! Lack of sleep will do that to us!!

    WOW about Owen reenlisting, That's awesome! I wish my mom would be closer to her grand kids ...

    You'll have to keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete